Coronary Heart Disease in South-Asian Women
Citation Information :
Gooneratne M. Coronary Heart Disease in South-Asian Women. J South Asian Feder Menopause Soc 2013; 1 (2):84-87.
Copyright © 2013; The Author(s).
- Sex-based differences in early mortality after myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med 1999;341:217.
- National Vital Statistics Reports. 2010 p. 2-10.
- Epidemiology of sudden cardiac death in rural South India. Insights from the Andhra Pradesh Rural Health Initiative. Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 2011;11:93-102.
- Association of Age and Sex with Myocardial Infarction and In-Hospital Mortality: JAMA 2012;307(8):813-822.
- Gender Differences in Traditional and Novel Risk Factors, Symptom Evaluation, and Gender-Optimized Diagnostic Strategies. WISE Study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006;47(3s1):S4-S20.
- Coronary microvascular dysfunction is highly prevalent in women with chest pain in the absence of coronary artery disease: Results from the NHLBI WISE study. Am Heart J 2001;141(5):735-741.
- Gender-based differences in the prognostic value of coronary calcification. J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2004;13:273-283.
- Am Heart J 2009;157:740-745.
- Ann Thorac Surg 2001;71:512-520.
- Euro Heart J 1997;18:1728-1755.
- Prevalence and Awareness of Cardiovascular Disease including Lifestyles in a lower-middle class urban community in an Asian Countries. Pakistan Heart J 2008;41:3-4.
- Personal communication (unpublished data).
- Mortality from coronary heart disease and stroke for six ethnic groups in California 1985 to 1990. Ann Epidemiol 1995;5: 432-439.
- Burden of non-communicable diseases in South Asia. BMJ 2004;328:807-810.
- Interheart study investigators effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the Interheart study): case-control study. Lancet 2004;364:937-952.
- Racial variation of cord plasma lipoprotein(a) levels in relation to coronary risk level: A study in three ethnic groups in Singapore 1996;40:718-722.
- Predictors of lipoprotein (a) levels in a European and South-Asian population in the Newcastle Heart Project. Eur J Clin Inv 2003 Aug;33(8):686-692.
- Increased Prevalence of Smaller and Denser LDL Particles in Asian Indians, Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 1999;19:2749-2755.
- Body composition and the apoB/apoA1 ratio in migrant Asian Indians and white Caucasians in Canada. Clin Sci (Lond) 2006;111:201-207.
- Vitamin B-12 and homocysteine status among vegetarians: a global perspective. Am J Clin Nutr May 2009;89(5):1693S-1698S.
- Differences in risk factors, atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular disease between ethnic groups in Canada: the Study of Health Assessment and Risk in Ethnic groups (SHARE). Lancet 2000;356:279-284.
- Prevalence of metabolic syndrome using WHO, ATPIII and IDF definitions in Asian Indians: the Chennai Urban Rural Epidemiology Study (CURES-34) CURES. Diabetes Metab Res Rev 2007 Feb;23(2):127-134.
- Comprehensive assessment of metabolic syndrome among rural Bangladeshi women. BMC Public Health 2012;12:49.
- The prevalence patterns and predictors of diabetic perpheral neuropathy in a developing country; Diabetology and metabolic syndrome 2012;4:24.
- Adiposity and Hyperinsulinemia in Indians are present at birth. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism December 1, 2002;87(12):5575-5580.
- Inflammatory markers and the risk of coronary heart disease in men and women. N Engl J Med 2004;351:2599-2610.
- C-reactive protein as a screening test for cardiovascular risk in a multiethnic population. Art Thr Vasc Biol 2004;24:1509-1515.
- Trans-fatty acids and risk of myocardial infarction. Circulation 1994;89:94-101.
- Fruits and vegetables in the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Public Health Nutr 2000;3:103-107.
- Epidemiology and causation of coronary heart disease and stroke in India, et al. Heart 2008;94:16-26.
- Key environmental issues. Available at: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator.