Role of Imaging in Dilemma of Adnexal Masses in Postmenopausal Women
Meeta Gupta, Poonam Yadav, Urvashi Verma
Citation Information :
Gupta M, Yadav P, Verma U. Role of Imaging in Dilemma of Adnexal Masses in Postmenopausal Women. J South Asian Feder Menopause Soc 2017; 5 (1):45-50.
Copyright © 2017; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Yadav P, Gupta M, Agarwal M, Garg R, Verma U, Gupta S. Role of Imaging in Dilemma of Adnexal Masses in Postmenopausal Women. J South Asian Feder Menopause Soc 2017;5(1):45-50.
- ; Noone, AM.; Krapcho, M., et al. SEER cancer statistics review, 1975-2011. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute; 2014. Avaliable from: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975-2011/.
- Salpingo-oophorectomy and the risk of ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal cancers in women with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation. JAMA. 2006 Jul;296(2):185-192.
- Frequency and disposition of ovarian abnormalities followed with serial transvaginal ultrasonography. Obstet Gynecol 2013 Aug;122(2 Pt 1):210-217.
- Risk of malignancy in sonographically confirmed septated cystic ovarian tumors. Gynecol Oncol 2010 Sep;118(3):278-282.
- Validation of referral guidelines for women with pelvic masses. Obstet Gynecol 2005 Jan;105(1):35-41.
- Pelvic examination, tumor marker level, and gray-scale and Doppler sonography in the prediction of pelvic cancer. Obstet Gynecol 1997 Apr;89(4):493-500.
- Prevalence, incidence, and natural history of simple ovarian cysts among women >55 years old in a large cancer screening trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010 Apr;202(4):373.e1-373.e9.
- Management of adnexal mass. Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep) 2006 Feb;(130):1-145.
- SMRP and HE4 as biomarkers for ovarian carcinoma when used alone and in combination with CA125 and/or each other. Adv Exp Med Biol 2008;622:15-21.
- Diagnostic value of human epididymis protein 4 compared with mesothelin for ovarian cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2012;13(11):5427-5432.
- HE4 and mesothelin: novel biomarkers of ovarian carcinoma in patients with pelvic masses. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2010;11(1):111-116.
- Effectiveness of a multivariate index assay in the preoperative assessment of ovarian tumors. Obstet Gynecol 2011 Jun;117(6):1289-1297.
- Clinical performance of a multivariate index assay for detecting early-stage ovarian cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014 Jan;210(1):78.e1-78.e9.
- MRI, CT, and PET/CT for ovarian cancer detection and adnexal lesion characterization. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2010 Feb;194(2):311-321.
- Pelvic MRI as the “gold standard” in the subsequent evaluation of ultrasound-indeterminate adnexal lesions: a systematic review. Gynecol Oncol 2014 Mar;132(3):661-668.
- Who should operate on patients with ovarian cancer? An evidence-based review. Gynecol Oncol 2005 Nov;99(2):447-461.
- Committee Opinion No. 477: the role of the obstetrician-gynecologist in the early detection of epithelial ovarian cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2011 Mar;117(3):742-746.