Role of Imaging in Dilemma of Adnexal Masses in Postmenopausal Women
Mohita Agarwal, Meeta Gupta, Poonam Yadav, Urvashi Verma
Citation Information :
Agarwal M, Gupta M, Yadav P, Verma U. Role of Imaging in Dilemma of Adnexal Masses in Postmenopausal Women. J South Asian Feder Menopause Soc 2017; 5 (1):45-50.
Copyright © 2017; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Yadav P, Gupta M, Agarwal M, Garg R, Verma U, Gupta S. Role of Imaging in Dilemma of Adnexal Masses in Postmenopausal Women. J South Asian Feder Menopause Soc 2017;5(1):45-50.
- ; Noone, AM.; Krapcho, M., et al. SEER cancer statistics review, 1975-2011. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute; 2014. Avaliable from: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975-2011/.
- Salpingo-oophorectomy and the risk of ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal cancers in women with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation. JAMA. 2006 Jul;296(2):185-192.
- Frequency and disposition of ovarian abnormalities followed with serial transvaginal ultrasonography. Obstet Gynecol 2013 Aug;122(2 Pt 1):210-217.
- Risk of malignancy in sonographically confirmed septated cystic ovarian tumors. Gynecol Oncol 2010 Sep;118(3):278-282.
- Validation of referral guidelines for women with pelvic masses. Obstet Gynecol 2005 Jan;105(1):35-41.
- Pelvic examination, tumor marker level, and gray-scale and Doppler sonography in the prediction of pelvic cancer. Obstet Gynecol 1997 Apr;89(4):493-500.
- Prevalence, incidence, and natural history of simple ovarian cysts among women >55 years old in a large cancer screening trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010 Apr;202(4):373.e1-373.e9.
- Management of adnexal mass. Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep) 2006 Feb;(130):1-145.
- SMRP and HE4 as biomarkers for ovarian carcinoma when used alone and in combination with CA125 and/or each other. Adv Exp Med Biol 2008;622:15-21.
- Diagnostic value of human epididymis protein 4 compared with mesothelin for ovarian cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2012;13(11):5427-5432.
- HE4 and mesothelin: novel biomarkers of ovarian carcinoma in patients with pelvic masses. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2010;11(1):111-116.
- Effectiveness of a multivariate index assay in the preoperative assessment of ovarian tumors. Obstet Gynecol 2011 Jun;117(6):1289-1297.
- Clinical performance of a multivariate index assay for detecting early-stage ovarian cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014 Jan;210(1):78.e1-78.e9.
- MRI, CT, and PET/CT for ovarian cancer detection and adnexal lesion characterization. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2010 Feb;194(2):311-321.
- Pelvic MRI as the “gold standard” in the subsequent evaluation of ultrasound-indeterminate adnexal lesions: a systematic review. Gynecol Oncol 2014 Mar;132(3):661-668.
- Who should operate on patients with ovarian cancer? An evidence-based review. Gynecol Oncol 2005 Nov;99(2):447-461.
- Committee Opinion No. 477: the role of the obstetrician-gynecologist in the early detection of epithelial ovarian cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2011 Mar;117(3):742-746.