The importance of a middle-aged women in a South Asian families is known to everyone. The activities performed by her cannot be easily done by any other member of the family anywhere in the world. It is also a known fact that these are the women who face the most problems regarding their health because of menopause. Keeping this in mind, South Asian Federation of Menopause Societies (SAFOMS) has published this journal for dealing with the chronic health problems faced by the South Asian women during perimenopause and menopause. The aims and objectives of this journal are as follows:
- To create awareness of the various chronic health diseases and distress caused to a South Asian women going through menopause.
- To promote a multidisciplinary multifactorial comprehensive approach, medical and nonmedical to the care of these women.
- To help the patients and family physicians understand the need of regular medical checkups and follow-ups with their gynecologists, especially during and after the transitional period.
- To regularly update doctors and health professionals in the field of menopausal medicine, to ensure appropriate healthcare for these women.
- To facilitate exchange of ideas and experiences of different disciplines since the physical, mental and emotional health of women in the years after menopause is truly multidimensional and multidisciplinary.
- To collect information and data with particular reference to the South Asian menopausal women.
- To encourage research on relevant aspects in the South Asian context.